The 2018 annual congregational meeting will be held at noon on Sunday, May 20, 2018 in the Great Hall. Click here for the official notice.
The 2018 Annual Congregational Meeting Packet, which will be available soon, will contain:
- this year’s meeting agenda and housekeeping rules
- the minutes from the prior congregational meeting(s)
- the Treasurer’s report for 2017-18
- the proposed budget for 2018-19
- bios of the Nominating Team’s candidates for the Board and standing teams
- annual reports from the Board of Trustees, staff, and standing teams
Click here to view and download the 2018 Annual Congregational Meeting Packet. Copies of the packet will be available at the meeting.
All Church members are invited to attend the Annual Meeting. To be eligible to vote, you must meet the eligibility requirements listed below. (Following the requirements is a link to view/download the current list of eligible voters.)
If you haven’t yet met the eligibility requirements but want to do so and still vote at the Annual Congregational Meeting, you can ask the Board of Trustees to waive the requirements. To request a waiver, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or present a written request to Larry Norfleet, the current President, prior to the meeting. Include a reason (e.g., I met all requirements but did so after April 21).
Per Church bylaws, to be eligible to vote at the 2018 Annual Congregational Meeting, you must be a Member Emeritus/Emerita, or you must meet these requirements:
- On or before May 20, 2018, you made a pledge for 2018-19. (If you pledged as a household, all household members meet this requirement.)
- Between May 21, 2017 and May 20, 2017, you made at least one monetary contribution of record to the Church budget or to the Endowment Fund. (If a household meets this requirement, all household members meet it, too.)
- You are 16 or older, and you have signed the Membership Book.