Come, come, whoever you are,
wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving.
Ours is no caravan of despair.
Come, yet again come.
― Hymn #188, Singing the Living Tradition
pub. by the Unitarian Universalist Association
If you’re new to Covenant Groups, please read on. Then, to learn what groups are currently available, see the Current Covenant Groups section at the bottom of this page.
Covenant Groups are intentionally formed, relational groups of eight to twelve people whose members explore a variety of topics. Covenant Groups build and strengthen All Souls UU Church as members deepen their relationships and become more connected to the larger church community. Groups are led by a trained facilitator who is also a member of the group.
In addition to helping its members grow their theology and deepen their personal faith, the covenant group serves as a caring network; members care for, and are cared for by, other group members.
Is Becoming a Member of a Covenant Group Right for Me?
- Are you ready to explore your spiritual depths with a group of fellow spiritual seekers?
- Are you willing to listen responsively to others without interrupting them?
- Are you ready to share your life journey with others who are willing to share their life journeys with you?
- Are you willing to be stretched in your understanding of what it means to live life fully and responsibly?
- Would you like to help others grow in their spiritual journeys?
If you answered “yes” to even one of these questions, then becoming a covenant group member may be just what you have been searching for.
What Would My Responsibilities Be As a Covenant Group Member?
- Commit to attending all covenant group meetings
- Let your facilitator know when you cannot attend
- Arrive on time and help the group end the meeting on time
- Be present in mind, body and spirit
- Work with other group members to create a living covenant for your group
- Be open to knowing others and be open to knowing yourself
- Maintain confidentiality as defined in your group’s covenant
- Care for and minister to each other
- Welcome new members to the group
Current Covenant Groups
What do the sacred texts of world religions have to say about the nature of ultimate reality? This will be our next covenant group topic which is based on the book International Religious Foundation’s World Scripture: A Comparative Anthology of Sacred Texts. Rev. Nori and Jo Winn will facilitate this 18 week course. Click the flyer link below for more information.